Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer and Xenyx 502
Behringer is one of the world’s leading designers and
manufacturer of audio equipment. Founded in Germany in 1989,
Behringer’s products reflect how innovative and competent they are. It has a continued philosophy to provide
musical equipment that is professional, at affordable prices for every musician. Since then, Behringer is
still a multi-national brand that manufacturers a wide variety of music equipment. This article focuses on
behringer xenyx 802 mixer and behringer xenyx 502.
› Click here for Specs &
Xenyx analog mixer is one of their most successful product lines; it has features such as 'British EQ' and
CD/Tape inputs. Behringer audio mixers are renowned for their incredible
value, durability and ease of use. By reading our Behringer Xenyx 802 review, you will find out that many people
would recommend Behringer products as being very useful.
If you need an ultra low noise mixer, then you can buy one from Behringer. Their mixers offer high headroom and
audio that is ultra-transparent. There are lots of Behringer models to choose from. Behringer has innovative and
affordable Xenyx mixers that provide home recordists and club musicians with pristine sound quality and amazing
Xenyx 802 mixer
It is a Premium 8-input 2-Bus mixer that has Xenyx Mic Preamps and British Eqs. The behringer
Ub mixer series has connected musicians globally. It is one of the most popular mixer series, with about one
million units sold so far.
The Xenyx of 802 model has a FX Send control and 8 inputs for each channel. Routing flexibility is made possible
by the incorporation of its assignable CD/tape inputs.
The new Xenyx mic preamp sound can match the quality, headroom, transparency and the dynamic range of
boutique-style, stand-alone mic preamps. The neo-classic “British EQ” brings back the warmth and
musicality that can be dated back to the mega-console desks of ‘60s and ‘70s that made music history.
Its features are varied as summarized below:
- Premium ultra low-noise and a high headroom analog audio mixer
- 2 state-of-the-art Xenyx Mic Preamps. This is can be compared to standalone boutique preamps
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs. This ensures that the sound is musical and warm.
- 1 post fader FX that is send per channel for devices of the external FX
- 1 stereo aux return that used in FX applications. It can also be as a separate stereo input
- CD/tape inputs that are assignable to main mix and control room/phones outputs
- It has high-quality components that have rugged construction to ensure long life
- Main mix outputs and separate control room, phones and stereo CD/tape outputs
It is made up of 8-input, 2 bus and has two mic preamps with +48 V phantom power. This enables the use of two
dynamic microphones. Its effects send and return jacks can be used to hook up to an effects processor. One can play
music between sets. This is possible via the RCA CD/Tape inputs that are assignable to main mix or control
room/phones outputs. An outboard recording device makes recording performance possible via the RCA outputs.
It weighs just 2.2 pounds. It is the portable and practical way that can turn a small performance with multiple
vocalists into a sonic gem. It is agreeable at choirs, coffee shops, folk duos and karaoke lounges as the one that
packs superiors sound into small places.
Its replacement power supplies are available. In case you want to buy, ensure that you order the correct model
because they are country-specific.
Perhaps a Yamaha MG102c Mixer might interest you.
Xenyx 502 mixer
Ins and Outs
It has a 5-input, 2-bus with a mic preamp. This enables the accommodation of
either a dynamic or condenser microphone.
It is famous for its warm and musical sound made possible by the two-band British EQ. One can play music between
sets. This is achieved through the RCA CD/tape inputs (assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs).
Recording of performance is also possible via the RCA outputs.
This model weighs 1.2 pounds (0.55 kg). It is portable and hence a practical way to turn a speech or scaled-down
performance into a sound to behold.
Being cheaper than other mixers in this class, Xenyx 502 is available at various Behringer dealers. Its purchase
is a wise investment. Like Xenyx 802, Xenyx 502 replacement power supplies are country-specific. It is for that
reason that it is advisable to ensure that you order the correct model and consult their documentation.
Its features are better summarized below:
- It has a premium ultra low-noise and a high headroom analog mixer
- State-of-the-art Xenyx mic preamp that is comparable to standalone boutique preamps
- Neo-classic "British" 2-band EQ that provides a warm and musical sound
- Main mix consisting of a stereo CD/tape plus headphone outputs that are separated
- CD/tape inputs that can be assigned to headphone output or main mix outputs
- Its long life usage is made possible by the high-quality components and the exceptional rugged
› Click here for more Reviews and Consumer